forum de la 4a à J.R
Le forum de la 4a du collège J.Rostand 
forum de la 4a à J.R Index du Forum  
 S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 
The House Of Binding Thorns Aliette De Bodard

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    forum de la 4a à J.R Index du Forum -> forum de 4a -> forum de 4a
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
zalmylyvi

MessagePosté le: Mar 27 Juin - 05:31 (2017)    Sujet du message: The House Of Binding Thorns Aliette De Bodard

The House of Binding Thorns offers all this rich, wonderful world-building alongside a set of connected, thrilling plotlinesIts very different to most fantasies I read and all the better for that, with none of the markers that would make me avoid an angel-urban fantasy novelsSearch for: Search Random footer stuff Twitter Facebook Contact Me Designed and built by 50 Seconds NorthMar 19, 2017 Melanie Haynes rated it it was amazing review of another edition This book was amazing in context and plot line If youve readThe House of Shattered Wings: yes, this is focused on the House of Hawthorn,and has a bunch of returning characters, notably angel essence addict Madeleine and a bunch of new ones too, a Houseless Annamite and a kick-ass dragon prince with a talent for getting into major troubleBest sequel I've read in ages! flag 1 likeLike see review I wanted to like this much more than I actually didAfter the events of the last book, loyalties are being tested and characters trying to rebuild from the ashes find themselves being asked to pay too great a price for their hearts desiresLimited availability Availability can change throughout the month based on the library's budgetThe dissonance between Fallen and Annamite culture is portrayed incredibly well throughout the novel, whether through the starkest incompatibilities in the two magic systems, or the subtleties of cultural constructs.The chance to explore another House is an exciting one

.more flag 32 likesLike see review The dragon kingdom and House Hawthorn are fascinating contrasts to Silverspires.I look forward to whatever the future may hold for poor, battered Paris and her inhabitants.Full review4.5 starsI received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review .more flag 8 likesLike see review Aliette de Bodard Writer of Fantasy and Science Fiction Novels MenuSearch Search Twitter Facebook Contact Me Search for: Search Home Novels Articles Shorts Bio & Press Blog Events Recipes Newsletter May 13, 2017 Mogsy (MMOGC) rated it liked it review of another edition Shelves: fantasy, urban, review-copy, post-apocalyptic, angels-and-demons 2.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum my second foray into the Dominion of the Fallen did not turn out the way Id hoped, though to be fair, I did have a lot riding on this sequelD Franklin, Intellectus Speculativus de Bodards people feel real to me There is hope even in the darkest of places, and there is a desire for love, for trust, for harbor, that takes root no matter how often its destroyed(view spoiler)[Yay for her shaking off her addiction! Also the final words of the whole book, in her POV, were just so awesomeDe Bodard is as confident writing the bloody, every-day difficulty of birth as the fantastical pain of a character being skewered by a magical tree, and her skill at bringing emotional and physical reality to her fantasy world enriches her storyTyler Share 'Cole's Redemption' Click here to view eBook details for Cole's Redemption by J.D! Javascript is not enabled in your browserStill, despite not winning me over, Im glad I gave this series another shot

I thought the plot of this novel flowed a bit more smoothly than that of the House of Shattered Wings The House of Binding Thorns 4.5 2 by Aliette de BodardAliette de Bodard All Formats & Editions See All Formats & Editions The multi-award-winning author of The House of Shattered Wings continues her Dominion of the Fallen saga as Paris endures the aftermath of a devastating arcane warI was reading only on public transportation and I was really looking forward to my daily commuteBe sure to check for other copies, because there may be other editions availableIt is natural that they would have brought their beliefs and supernatural beings to their new homeMain Content The House of Binding Thorns Enhanced Read-along Sample The House of Binding Thorns Dominion of the Fallen Series, Book 2 Dominion of the Fallen byAliette de Bodard Aliette de BodardPeter Kenny More creatorsThere is no vulgarity which makes it a good read for higher level school kids

There is scant mention of Silverspires here and actually I quite enjoyed the attention shifting away from themLast and not least, the pace and the writing are really takingAt times, The House of Binding Thorns felt very much like a middle book, in the sense that it is neither here nor there, striving to expand the story and characters beyond the first novel but ultimately falling short of achieving the desired resultThere is also a larger focus on (view spoiler)[the dragon kingdom (hide spoiler)], something I definitely enjoyedRegrettably, this did not quite happendespite The House of Binding Thorns being a pretty decent follow-upMadeline, Asmodeus, and Philippe make their return as does the dragon kingdom under the Seine

There is someone in the roomwalking softly, noiselessly on the Persian carpetsThere are new characters from the (view spoiler)[dragon kingdom (hide spoiler)] and I liked the exploration of the differences between their magic and that of the Fallen, something that is exemplified masterfully in the ending of the bookApr 30, 2017 Rob rated it it was amazing review of another edition Shelves: random-comments-review .I generally enjoy De Bodard's work, both stylistically and because of the themes she uses, and this novel is no exceptionHowever, let it not be said that I'm completely heartless or a quitter (after all, I so rarely give up on anything when it comes to books) and by the last 25%, I really was enjoying myself quite a bit moreAmazon iBooks(U.K.) Share this:EmailPrintFacebookGoogleTumblrTwitterLike this:Like LoadingHe ponders, for a whileon other ways, on other prices to payIt follows after the events of Shattered Wings, and retains a few of the principals as main characters, but it is a wholly new story that doesn't rely on its predecessor at all 171bf2437f

Crooked Smile: The Leviathan Project J.C. Mitchell[PDF] Las chicas buenas los prefieren malvados: Bad Boys Two (Spanish Edition)PCB101 Handbook Robert TarzwellREAD BOOK Who Are You?: Ella the Enchanted PrincessREAD BOOK Sweet Ass Journal to Develop Your Happiness Muscle in 100 Days - Guide & Journal - Non Dated: A Simple Daily Practice to Create Happiness Forever - Productivity, Mindfulness, Focus &[PDF] The Inner Game of Raising Private Money: EFFECTIVE STRATEGIES AND ACTIONS FOR RAISING ALL THE PRIVATE MONEY YOU NEED AND WANT TO FUND YOUR INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES.ONLINE BOOK The Table Talk and Omniana of Samuel Taylor Coleridge[PDF] Confessions of a Midnight Uber DriverA Catholic Prayer Journal: Gift for Confirmation, Christmas, Easter, Birthday, Father's Day, Graduation Jennifer Harbor Rainey[PDF] Holly's Day at the Pool: Walt Disney Animation Studios Artist Showcase (Artist Showcase, Walt Disney Animation Studios)

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 27 Juin - 05:31 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    forum de la 4a à J.R Index du Forum -> forum de 4a -> forum de 4a Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation